Cook County Health Strategic Plan Town Hall Meeting #2
March 2, 2022
The meeting opened with a welcome and thanks from Israel Rocha. He then turned it over to Andrea Gibson. She gave an overview of CCH’s scope and accomplishments. She next explained the SWOT process to be used to obtain feedback from employees, community, labor, and the CC Board of Commissioners. S=strengths W=weaknesses O=opportunities T=threats.
Cook County Health Strategic Plan Town Hall Meeting #3
March 3, 2022
The Thursday morning virtual meeting began with an introduction by CEO Israel Rocha followed by Chief Strategy Officer, Andrea Gibson, presenting the initial process for the 2023-25 Strategic Plan which included three town halls (one in Spanish) the week of March 1. A survey was sent to Stakeholders using the SWOT process of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Ms. Gibson stated that no ideas would be presented by CCH at the town hall meetings as the purpose is to gather opinions and suggestions from the Stakeholders and the Public.
General feedback regarding CCH and the Public Health Department included:
3) Create sustainable programs.
4) Increase birthing opportunities - for example "free standing birth centers."
5) Can long term care be made available?
6) Need more health services in the South Suburbs - population not dense but covers a
wide area – therefore, it is not easy to get to CCH health care sites.
7) Increased emphasis on the fact that "housing is health care".
8) Role out a #988 phone number for crisis calls.
9) Incorporate "peer support groups" into county services particularly for addition and
3) Medicaid application process for immigrants.
4) Turnover of nursing staff. It was stated by a speaker that 50% of the current nursing
staff is from outside contractors.
5) Length of time needed to fill positions - particularly nursing.
Observer: Diane Edmundson
Individual authors are credited at the end of each report.